Aug 20, 2009

A Soliloquiy : The Best Days of Life!

Hiiii Friends!!!!........I am back after a long gap now........so, How have you been all this while...? Hope everyone is good! :)

Prologue : Well, today is 20th August'09 - don't know if it's any big date in history... :P - and my black framed table clock just struck 1:50 AM........nothing great about it....ain't it??........but the most strange and weired thing is that at this unceremonious instant I want to write....and desperately so! I want to pour out everything that's there-burried in my heart, because there is a fear.....I might forget these golden moments...........The college life is getting warmer to it's end............the most beautiful years of life!!.......alas! they'll come to an end, and soon enough...........we keep saying "just one year left"!...........but you know, the bitter fact is - now, not even an year is left.........midsems are around the corner....so nearly half the semester is already over.....




But, quite strangely, all of a sudden what is it that triggered the 'emotional me' in me??......It's a forwarded mail I just read with my friend Sweta.......the loveliest girl I've ever met; and it's not just her lovely, innocent face , it's the real Sweta, her soul that is surely a jewel......and thanks to God for granting me the privilege to be her good friend!


Ya, coming back to the mail.......it talked of every aspect of our college life -- proxies, journal chhapna, submission of xeroxed assignments, fun and frolic before the exams, vivas, crushes and what not!...........Suddenly all the memories of the past 3 yrs here at BIT flashed before me.........and for the first time this realisation dawned on me that -- The past is frozen, unalterable, and this present too will soon become a frozen, unalterable past!


It feels bad..........the college life - nearly 80% of it is over already...........!! And, when I recall my first day at BIT, it seems to have been just yesterday................my heart aches and I want to cry!.............but I really don't know why should I cry?.............Is it the fear that comes from the realisation that I will soon leave this beautiful place............with all the wonderful people I've met here---my friends, classmates, neighbours, and tons of other batchmates!!??!!!


It took me nearly 3 yrs to settle in this place........and now when I'm loving it like anything, it's time to leave!!..........but alas! this is life and separations are simply inevitable......


But there could be other reasons for me feeling thus......and I'm beginning to wonder what?...........Are there some regrets??.....Regrets for not having "lived" my years in the true sense of the term.........well, may be it's there.......infact, it most certainly is there...................but the fact remains -- there is no point harbouring regrets -- and I'll not harbour them 'coz I have never, in the past..so why now?.........


........Although, honestly, the sole consolation here is the fact that nearly the last 1.75 semesters are still left!............and I want to really really LIVE it in the truest sense of the term!!!!..............Do all that I ever wanted to do.....Be a part of all the hungama and the fun and frolic here, shriek, shout and stroll around with friends, make lots of friends........in short LIVE LIFE.........'coz I have realised that these precious days, once they are gone, "no gold can ever buy them back again" !!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

yeah..quite true neha .. senti.. han ??? gosh !!!! ab toh fellin aane lagi hai dat we r in so called "final yr" n its d tym wen wanna catch a whiff of ease ... n wish dat dis wheel of tym stops for a while.. bt alas it seems 2 b runnin a marathon or wat ?? :(
well .. we'll surely miss dese days.. bt d cherished memories of dese beautiful moments will always remain locked in our hearts ... :)

Sweta Jamini said...

ur post has actually churned my thoughts..... n has made me feel..dat we do not have many of these golden days left..bt this is life..it has to move on..frm school to colg..to office...n so on...
bt ya... dese are actually d best days of my life..n all credit goes to u n all my frenz who have made it d way it is!!!
n ya... thnx fr putting me in a such lovely beautiful n ofcourse "SWEET" words. :)

vikramaditya shekhar said...

Yeah... so true ..
even i m all sentimental after reading ur post ...

KiNg of kInGs said...

well...i am reading ur blog fr d 1st time...n i think it is alwys good to have suggestions from ppl around u.

I dont knw whether this tradition exists in blogging( n if it doesnt...i wont mind starting a new one :) )...but i was seriously expecting sumthing better from ur side...6.5 sems over and 1.5 left was the blog all about..rather said in a more articulating manner.

m sorry..if i was too offensive :)

mysymphony said...

@Pallavi...very correct...the cherished memories will always find a special place in our hearts! :)

@Sweta...u deserve to be described in such 'lovely, beautiful and sweet words' dear......no need to thank me for that... :)

@Vikram....ya it's such a juncture ....just can't help being a bit senti.. ;)

@KiNg of kInGs...certainly it's nice to have feedback from all directions.....and honest feedback is one of the rarest treasures....good that u conveyed it to me.....in fact thanks for that.....i'll definitely keep your point in mind the next time I write sth.....
n no need for any srry please! :)

Leonidas said...

well i am also a new reader as far as your blog is concerned..nostalgia seems to be oozin out of the post...arey its worse wen v c the senior batches coming for CONVO wen they get to have one last glimpse of their alma mater and their friends just fr a day...

NICE post... keep shattering more keys...

k'sonal_theknowlegend said...

well it seems many new comers here....
"me too,me too"
i liked the diction of ur post.esp at the end .n i second pallavi on the blog having an aura of nostalgia.one line i would like to quote from the blog itself...
"proxies, journal chhapna, submission of xeroxed assignments, fun and frolic before the exams, vivas, crushes and what not!..........."
it says a lot!! :waa :waa :'(

see am not crying :P

ELEVEN said...

Before I get to actually commenting on the blog itself a sincere word of advice..........isn't it a bit too early to be thinking about goodbyes,I mean nostalgia is one feeling I would try n push to the very last moment.
If I haven't said it before already it has always been a pleasure to go through your posts;partly because there's a certain "happy aura" to it and partly because I personally find it a daunting task to sustain a linear train of thoughts while writing.
Keep 'em comming.

opium said...

a lot has been said about how well you write,and indeed you do.BEing the nitpicker that i am there is just one problem,if you could get your punctuations straight especially the omnipresent, never-ending chain of fullstops(".........",you get the drift right?),honestly speaking are a big eye-sore.You might want readers to interpret it as some pause you had taken typing out the post while you were thinking what next to write,but it just interrupts the flow of the post.I am sure you would take this suggestion in the right spirit,i just wanted to say ki As you know bloggers in BIT ,especially from our batch are a rarity and when you have taken the effort to post an article on your blog,you could take that teenee-weenee little extra effort to set right your punctuations.

mysymphony said...

@opium : Honestly speaking, of late, even I have felt that the chain of dots is really getting exaggerated and trying hard to improve too!!

Let's hope we come by sth better in my next post!
Until then I'm sorry we have to bear these "eye-sore" - the unending chain of dots!

thanks for the feedback!
:)

Unknown said...

You just brought all the nostalgia back.

Good going. Keep writing :)