Nov 23, 2015

On a raiy day

When I decided to write this post today afternoon, it was out of sheer will to stay in touch with writing as a hobby; as this is something I feel brings me closer to where my inner GPS keeps pointing me. I have realized that regular blogging will provide me a major part of the solace I need to pursue with patience the ultimate purpose of my life.



I write to write. I express to express. I speak because that is what makes me come alive. These are the little pleasures and joys in my life, truly authentic, truly simple.



To quote Howard Thurman, "Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."



In an attempt to do what makes me come alive, I have decided to write regularly; and while it may sound weired in the beginning, I am confident of my abilities to reach a stage of refined, cohesive writing which will make the time spent on reading the piece worthy enough.

Oprah Winfrey once said, that while the world looks for validation of your background through resumes, posts, titles and positions you may have held throughout your life, the one thing that will help you get up and knock back in the face  of adversity is who you really are.

I have come to realize that at the end of the day what matters is the core within you and that is the single most important thing that determines where you will arrive at the end of your journey; it has the power to determine whether you will realize your hitherto lofty goals be it about yourself, your life, your career, your relationships, your dreams, your contribution to the world or anything for that matter.

I would like to close with this epic thought by Robin Sharma: "HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE BETTER OFF BECAUSE OF I LIVED?"

Can I make a difference? Will I?



No comments: